Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB.Net developer transitioning to C#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Hello Guys and Gals,
I am an intermediate vb.net developer who is transitioning to C#. I've only been at it for a few weeks now, I have some books and am getting through them resonably well.

I'm writing just to ask if there are any general resources that you recommend to new C# developers, any particular adive you could give, or any websites/texts you find particularly indispensible.

Anyhow, much appreciated, I find these forums very useful.

The MSDN Library is a very nice resource. You will also find lots of resources and sample code by simply doing a google search on your inquires.

Also, a third resource that provides helpful tips and strategies is Fracesco Balena's VB2TheMax web site. It used to be only for Visual Basic developers and it has recently expanded to C# as well. You will find very nice and useful pieces of code there.

Finally, at the left of each page here at tek-tips, there's little section titled "Partners" which contains links to other sites for IT professionals. This list includes nice sites such as DevGuru, CodeProject, Developer Fusion, and the like!

JC

Download a good vb to c# converter. Instant C# is the best one I know of ( - the demo would probably be all you need to convert some small samples as you need it to see how some things are done in C# vs VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back