Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB.Net 2003 help files

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankone

Vendor
Aug 3, 2002
US
I cannot get the help files or msdn to run under "my login"
name have "admin" rights etc. Under "administrator login"
every thing works perfect.
my operating system is XPPro sp2, 2gb ram, lots of harddisk
space P4 3.0ghz

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but make sure you are in the User Group 'VS Developers' along with being a pc admin. the Local Administrator Account is added to this group when VS.Net is installed, so that could be why you are getting the error with your "admin" account and not with the Local Administrator Account...

Right Click My Computer then Click Manage and goto Local Users and Groups -> Groups -> VS Developers and add yourself. Also Add yourself to Debugging Users if that doesn't solve the issue.

-Bob

Yes I have done all that still does not work
Thank You

Are the help collections registered? It's been too long since I've battled with help files, but I know the .Net help (and NDoc generated .Net help) are documents that are parts of "help collections" and those collections have to be registered on the machine. MS had a tool for it, MSHIK? MSIK? something like that.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back