Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB-Like project in Visual C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsilver

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
NG
uhm am used to visual basic. i want to create a vblike Application with forms etc in Visual C++. Is that possible?

Yes.... But it's a tad more tricky than in VB.

On the upside, you'll find out how windows actually works: By passing Window Messages around all over the place.

It's actually not too difficult: I found a good tutorial on Win32 programming at
There's two main roots to take: You can either program using the Win32 API (as in that tutorial) or program using MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes). I haven't tried the latter yet: I think it probably makes things easier... But note that even MFC must use the Win32 API, as Win32 is actually how MS Windows works.

Hope it helps,
Stephen

But then again, if you want it to be VB like; I would suggest a dialog based MFC application. It's still nowhere near how it's done in VB but, from all possible types of VC projects, that one comes closest...
Greetings,
Rick

I agree with Rick or even a CFormView based application which is of course still CDialog based at the end of the day but it does give you some other GUI type features like menu's and toolbar's etc.

Of course we are all assuming that's what is meant by "vblike". We could be totaly wrong about that LOL

-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back