Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

superred

MIS
May 21, 2002
GB
I am currently writing a database application program, where I am using a drop down Combobox as a central reference to obtain information from three differing tables and several fields from a number of recordsets within each table.

I have a problem where, upon runtime, I can use the combo to obtain the first lot of search information, but the next time I use the combobox, I have a runtime error 3426, with the message "This action was cancelled by an associated program".

How are you populating the combo box ? it is possible if you are using refresh methods that this may cause the combo box to create a large stack of information to be pulled from the database causing it to crash not sure but could be the problem ?.

No I am not using refresh methods, any other ideas?

I am utilising the child form to obtain data from a field within a recordset of a table with the use of a drop down combobox. This field could be a different field each time, thus the combobox could be loaded with differing field information each time.

I am encountering two problems:

1) When opening a child form from the main form, the child form will not close to go back to the main form after pressing a command button and as such, continues a looping cycle between the child and main forms.
2) The combobox does not clear after each collection of field data from the differing record sets.

ComboBox.Clear

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back