Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJase

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
GB
Hi

For my job I need to know lots of different ip addresses, rather than having to look them up on paper work everytime I am trying to develop an Ip finder using a QL database and Visual Basic.

For Example in the first drop down box I will select the Site from a selection (lets say Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury for arguments sake) then in the second drop down box PC number (1,2,3 or 4 etc). I have managed to set these 2 boxes up to pull the info from the database.

What I would like is for a txt box to show the ip that relates to the selction I make in the drop down boxes.

Can anyone give me any advice or a snippet of code that I could modify for my use?

Many thanks

JJJ,

Is Microsoft Access an option for you here? This could be done so easily in Access using the .Columns command.

I dont see why not, to be honest Im new to all this so any tips would be great

Cheers

Ok. If you are already able to pull the data into the listboxes, I wouldn't go with Access (no offense tigersbh, but it would be reinventing the wheel). Please explain how you have done this first, then we can tell you how to restrict the list to the one selected in the other listbox.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back