Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Data Report Designer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inder

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
CA
I'm trying to generate a report in Visual Basic Using the Data Report Designer. When I run the report I keep getting this error "Data field "(Empty)"not found". Does anybody know what the problem could be? Thanks in Advance.

hi
IF you are not using this way- try it.
Create a data envirinment- make connection, create your command- selecting all tables and fields .Open both the data environment(as small window) and empty data report and then drag that command onto the report's detail section.that way all your fields are bound to the data base and you should not have any problem .
also do not forget to add the data source of the report to data environment name.
Hope it helps.
Anshu

I no longer get the error wich I thank you for so much.

Is it possible to make Labels show up in the details section of the report Sidanhshu?

hi Inder,
with all the field you must be getting the column names as weel which you can drag anywhere in the detailed section- change font/style or even add you own new text buttons from controls of data report- to make additional headings/labels.
Is that what you needed...
Anshu

hi all,

i also have a problem with data reports. How can i design this report (if it is even possible) ?

I need the report to only show once for the Batch No and QSM ID which is being read from Access database. If I put it on the Detail section the report generated will show this Batch No and QSM ID over and over again. Thanx in advance.

Vicious

Group the data by the Batch no, Qsm id.
Then add a grouping header/footer to the data report.
Set the grouping header datasource to this grouping.

This should give you what you want.

Splaisance

I need to create a report from a dynamicly filled data grid
can the vb report designer do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back