Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB COMPATABILITY WITH ACCESS 2000 & XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza1

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
ES
I have created a Database on a Server computer which operates on Windows XP. The Access Database is on Access 2000. Via a LAN 4 other computers access the Database. 2 of the computers are new and with them I am having problems. The old computers have worked fine for over 3 years. The operate on Windows 2000 and Access 2000. The new computers operate on Windows Xp and Access XP. All computers can access the database without a problem.
The problem that occurs is as follows: the Database has Command Buttons that, via VB, opens a Word Document, replaces bookmarks from the Word Document with text in the database, prints the document and closes word without saving the changes. This works fine with all the older Computers but with the two new computers, received last week, I get the following Error Message: Microsoft Visual Basic. Can´t find project or library. Access then opens the Visual Basis Event Procedure and highlights the first bookmark.
Is it anything to do with the different operating systems?
Please, please, please can anyone offer any help?

You need the newest Jet Engine version (4, i think).
Download it from Microsoft and then reference it in the VB Menus. There is a thread about this. Search Threads for "Access 2000 Jet"

Tx.

[yinyang] ¥oshi [yinyang]

-------------------------
"There is No Spoon.."
-------------------------

there are some differences in the Office VBA, some functions have been re-named, I've had problems with VBA macros set-up in Word XP running on Word 97 and vica-verca.
Might be worth checking for code differences between 2000 and XP...

If you can't beat them, hire someone who can, who wears gloves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back