Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB App Run/Start Close App Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

suoirotciv

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
PH
I have a project that when I run, the application run as is. But when the time to close the application it crash.

But when I open the project and compile it first before running, it never crash.

What is the reason behind this?

========================================
I kept my Job because of TEK-TIPS
Thanks a lot to all who keeps on helping others.

I don't know if you have figured this out but an idea for you to figure out what is going on is when you are ready to end the application press CTRL+BREAK. Switch back to your form, hit F8, and close the application as you normally would. Then step through the code until the error occurs. You may need to add some error handling, or some clean up of some kind to release objects.

Good Luck

Thank you for your reply.

I tried what vb5prgrmr suggests but the location of the error is not always the same. but it is on the same user control (chameleonButton.ctl) that I already been using for I think 3 years.

And only this new program I created encountered this error. Actually its been 3 months since I created this project, but I only encountered this error recently.

I am not familiar with the control chameleonbutton but...

Perhaps you should check with origional programmer (as have found references with control on planet source code).

Is this from runescape? check
Have updated antivirus software? check out notice about keylogger found in chameleonbutton.ocx at
did you get it as shareware from ?

there are a few more references out there and if you do not have license (i.e. you used free download of runescape client) and just found it on your computer...

Hmmm...
strongm (MIS) said:
Are you using subclassing/superclassing/hooking?
I'm betting that the control has the keylogger and that is what is crashing his environment.

Well thank you for keep tracking my post.

If keylogger is the case, what can I do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back