Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB and Crystal Reports deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

treecody

Programmer
Jul 25, 2001
US
Hi,

I've packaged and deployed my VB 6.0 application that uses Crystal Reports 8.5. When I try to install it on a users pc that has Windows 2000 and no Crystal Reports it bombs out, saying that it can't find the crystal dlls. I have added them to my package. If I load the entire crystal reports application and then run the seupt of my application it works. The problem is I can't have crystal reports loaded on users machines because of licensing issues. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.. Treecody

To start you should go to the Crystal web site and download the latest service pack and merge modules. You should also look into the Crystal forum here at Tek Tips Forum768.

There are about 8 or so dll's that you have to add manually to get CR to work. Check the documentation or you can search at crystaldecisions.com

Good Luck

see thread222-651782

this is what I ended up doing. Not sure if you are having the same problems as I did.

Hope it helps

Robert

Thanks everyone. I'll check out crystal decisions website.

Treecody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back