Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB 6 Crystal 9 export to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

watergirl

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
US
I have a vb6 dll which uses the export option of crystal reports to email the resulting report via mapi. It worked fine under 8.5. I have just converted to 9.0 and it no longer seems to work. It works fine to print, just not
export. Any suggestions or help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I migrated my report scheduler from CR8.5 to CR9 with no problems. It took me 5 mins to change the report objects and the MAPI code remained unchanged.

Can you email a report from CR9? The MAPI DLL's are not installed by default. They are loaded from the CD the first time you use them. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thank You! That was the problem. I had to manually email the report before the .dll could. I did not know that.
Thanks!

The other problem you get with EMail is that Microsoft have decided that any third party program that sends email is a virus. That includes CR.

That is the reason I migrated my scheduler to use SMTP direct to the mail server. As far as I'm aware Ido has the only other product out there that supports SMTP. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back