Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB 2019 and Access 2019 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputersUnlimited

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2013
US
I have a program that I have written that I now want to add access to an Access 2019 Database. However I get an error that "The microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine".

I am open to using something else. MS SQL Server is an option but I do not want to install MS SQL server to create one small database. While I have used MS SQL Server I have not written a program with a MS SQL database connection. Nor have I written a program using any other database IE My SQL. I'd really rather not install another program, mostly because I already have Access installed. I just can't get the connection working.

I have Office 64 bit and 64 bit Microsoft Database Engine 2010 and 2016 are installed. I have closed and re-open VS for both MDE 2010 and 2016, restarted the computer, but I still get the error.

How can I get VS2019 and Office 2019 64 bit to play nice?

Try setting the solution to target 64-bit:

Right-click on the project-->Properties-->Build-->set "Platform target" to x64

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Right clicking on Project and selecting Properties there is no Build but under compile there is a Platform target which was set to x64, there is also the same option under debug which was also already set to x64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back