Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB 2008 and Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwomack

Technical User
Apr 16, 2005
US
Using VB 2008 and Lotus Notes 6.5., and fairly new to VB.NET.

I want to automate Lotus Notes within a Windows application. Similar to how SharePoint (WSS 3.0) automates the email client. In SharePoint there is an option to send a hyperlink to a document in an email. When this option is selected, SharePoint activates Lotus Notes and populates the subject line, email body, and "from" line. The email is actually sent from the Lotus Notes client.

I want to accomplish the same thing. Rather than send an email from VB 2008, I want to automate Lotus so that Lotus get activated, a new mail message is created, and the body and subject get populated. The email will be sent from the Lotus Notes client.

I've googled and found many articles on the subject, but the articles seem to about sending email from VB.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks.

I don't believe that Notes exposes a COM automation interface -- I've never seen anything in the registry of the machine at work which would indicate that it does.
Sorry.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back