Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb 2005 CR 2005 - custom paper size

Status
Not open for further replies.

northrd

Programmer
May 18, 2003
AU
I am stumped.
In VB6 I did this

LabelToPrint.SetUserPaperSize (5 * 1440 / 2.54), (10.2 * 1440 / 2.54)

And all worked well.
On conversion to VB 2005 I can only choose from a set list of papersizes when I use .PrintOptions.PaperSize.

I have searched endlessly and I think that I have just lost sight of what .Net is actually doing. All I want to do is print to a label of 7cm x 12cm but only utilize 5x10cm.
How do I do this in CR 2005?
Any ideas?

OK

After chasing my tail endlessly and bumping into a plethora of similar posts from similarly lost souls I have decided that its just a waste of time pursuing this. CR is great if you want to print to "standard" paper sizes but rubbish if you want to print to labels on a Zebra thermal printer.
What sort of resolution is it when, to rotate a report 180 degrees, you create a new report with the items at 270 degrees rotation and then print in landscape? A rubbish work around at best.

I have switched to printdocument method in vb .net and ... surprise surprise ... victory! I know ... I know ... I should have used that first. But when ya just dont know that this object exists how could you search for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back