Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAT on SOP Blank Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu1984

Programmer
Sep 3, 2007
GB
I've followed this KB:
(KB Article 860025).

However, it joins to the VAT Details of the Line Item. It does not pick up the VAT Details of the document. So if you're tax schedule goes by the debtor address rather than the item then this is no good.

Does anyone know how else to get: Company Tax ID, VAT Rate, Tax Detail ID onto this document. (Looking in the database, it's not even stored properly in SOP30300 - Sales Trx Amounts History so the GP form must be recalculating every time it displays it - RIDICULOUS).

The situation I have is a company invoicing in 2 different countries, with 2 different VAT reg numbers and 2 different VAT rates. The tax detail/schedule model in GP accommodates this but SOP docs apparently
don't!

Please help!

Update:
That should have read SOP10105 not SOP30300.

Apparently, according to: (KB 873931) the SOP10105 (sales tax hist/work) contains, for each SOPNUMBE, a line item seq of 0 which contains the summary tax details for all the following line items (incrementing by 16384). So it is stored in that table.

I've tried adding a restriction of LINEITEMSEQ=0 to the report to force it to use that line, but it just gets nothing now.

Solved it myself after hours of hair-pulling.

FAQ'd here:
faq181-86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back