Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Varitas 9.1 Job Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonnyb

MIS
Aug 21, 2002
US
Running Veritas 9.1 SP1 on a SB 2K3 server. Getting the following error.

JOB COMPLETION ERROR

Job ended: Friday, May 21, 2004 at 12:47:29 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors

ERRORS

Verify - Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?ComponentsDifference encountered in file data.
The file System?State\System Files\System Files is different.

Veritas website is of no help and there email support takes for ever to get a response.

Lonnyb;

Veritas (any version, really) is extremely picky about what it considers a successful backup. If a file is modified in any manner between the time it is backed up and the time it is verified, the backup will be flaqged as having failed. Just keep checking the log for the caret marks (^^^^) which is how they flag errors in the log file...

IMHO, I think you're alright... [thumbsup] If I'm wrong, I hope someone else will chime in!

If you have the capability, try restoring a full backup to a different server. It's a lot better to find the "gotcha's" in a controlled manner than when the user community is lighting torches at the bottom of the hill....

Mike

This is a fresh install of Windows 2003 Small Business. I also checked 262317 and found no entry as is stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back