Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Various Errors on POA log GroupWise 6 - HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonMag

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

Looking through my POA log on GroupWise 6, I have come accross various errors:

Error updating quickfinder indexes [F03E]
The database facility reported error [802E] on msgxx.db
Deferring message delivery because of : [820E]
Queueing message for re-try because of : [820E]

I have looked on the Novell support site, but find very little or no information on these errors.

The POA and MTA were up and running for 92 days with no problems prior to this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon Magee
Network Engineer
Bottomline Technologies Europe.

You are in need of running GroupWise Maintenance. You have corruption that needs to be fixed. You run run GWCHECK32 or run maintenance from NWADMIN32.

Either way, I would complete a Top-Down rebuild on you GroupWise system.

Good Luck!

I agree there is some type of corruption in the message dbs, but make sure you run the GWcheck that comes with GW6 ( in the Software distribution\admin\...\gwcheck directory).

Also if you plan to run other than the 32bit version, make sure you don't use NWadmin, use only consoleone with GW6.

Bruce

Could this issue have anything to do with the person who is experiencing these 820E errors having proxy access to another users Mailbox\Calendar who also has a IPAQ PDA running Activesync 3.8 auto synchronising with Groupwise 6.5 - Could this possibly temporarily lock files within the Groupwise Database or is this unlike like to cause any overheads.

Regards

From what I have seen the 802E errors happen when the use trys to access their database while it is locked. Is there a backup of the PO going on during the time of these errors? Maybe you want to reschedule it if there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back