Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variance compared to Previoius month Ranking with Current month ranking 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

visit2me

MIS
May 21, 2010
US
I have a new report requirement. Where I need to display monthly ranking of colors and also display the color variance compared to previous month. I have tried sub-report but doesnt' seems to work for me. Can any one suggestion what are my other option to be able to display like in follwoing format.

(Variance ) (Current) (Just for info)
(compated to) (Month) (Previous Month rankig for)
(previous month) ( Ranking) (Color) (Qty.) ( same color)
( 0) (1) (AAA) (101) (1)
( +1) (2) (BBB) (98) (3)
(-1 ) (3) (CCC) (80) (2)
( ---) --- --- -- -

I don't know why the format is not so pretty here. I tried my best to make it as clear i could.

Thanks for any suggestion in advance,

You could create a variable that is retained from the previous month. In the group footer, compare the values and then update the fields with that month, ready for the next comparison.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks Madawc for your reply. I tried and worked around with variable but can't seems to get it right. Could you provide a sample example to direct me to right path?

First, note that variables only work when displayed in a section. Then take a look at what you have.

If that fails, post what you have and where it goes.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Please show how your fields display when placed in the detail section and label each field clearly. Then show the results you would expect to see for the same sample data.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back