Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

i257156

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
GB
I am wanting to write a variable that uses conditional functionality
I am wanting to count a certain data item where the value is less than 2

=If <Time Between IC and End of IS> < 2 Then Count

I am very new to Business Objects and am still finding my feet
Cheers
JB

I could do without having to sum it up afterwards.
It is meant for a summary sheet which summarises data from a report on another sheet. I am not sure if I am able to do this but am eager to give it a try but with my limited knowledge it may not be possible.
JB

Ah, the dreaded context's issue...

You can Sum it (on a different sheet) but you'll need to use Calculation Contexts - there's a very helpful, clear and concise chapter on them in the BO User Guide...;-)

To give an example -

=Sum((If <Time Between IC and End of IS> < 2 Then 1 Else 0) In (<Time>, <IC>, <IS>, <reporting dimension - customer?>) ) In (<reporting dimension - customer?>)

This would sum up your variable count by time, IC, IS and <reporting dimension - customer?> and then display the results grouped by <reporting dimension - customer?>. THe important thing to remember is to get all the objects used in any of the precursor variables into the first In statement and only the variables you are grouping by into the second &quot;Out&quot; statement (my convention - saves confusion though).

Hope this helps.

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back