Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

variables passed from subreport 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngcougar

Programmer
Sep 29, 2004
CA
Hi,

Using Crystal X

Report is grouped 3 levels

I have a subreport in the details section that passes a variable to the main report.

In group 3, I have a formula that calls this variable. When I show the details - the value in group 3 is correct. When I hide or surpress, the value is 0

Why?

Suppressing a subreport or the section it is in causes shared variables not to pass. Instead, you can do the following:

1-suppress all sections within the subreport.
2-format the subreport (format->subreport->subreport tab) to "suppress blank subreport"
3-remove borders on the subreport
4-format the section (section expert) containing the subreport to "suppress blank section".

This will cause the subreport to disappear but still be able to pass shared values.

-LB

Thanks for that...

the issue is that I don't want to see the details at all - either of the main report or the subreport. So when I do all you say - it works if I don't suppress the details in my main report, but doesn't if I supress the details in my main report

There are some fields in the details of the main report that I'm summarizing

Any other suggestions?

So are you conditionally suppressing the details?

Place the subreport in a detail_a section, and place your regular fields in detail_b. Then follow the steps in my earlier post for detail_a. Then you would be able to conditionally suppress detail_b is you wish.

If you mean to suppress everything all the time, but still pass a shared variable, then you could follow the earlier steps, but for the main report fields, suppress the fields instead of the section, and then use "suppress blank section" to eliminate the white space.

-LB

I added a details b and put the suppressed subreport in that section and all works as expected!

Thanks a bunch!

YC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back