Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

variable textfields

Status
Not open for further replies.

QTip

Programmer
Mar 7, 2001
BE
Hi,

I have next problem:
I need to load a text file into a dynamic textfield in Flash. Everything ok that far.
Now, the text in the textfile comes from a database, so the text can be different every time.
Now here's my problem: When the text in the textfile is larger then the Textfield in flash, not all the text is displayed. Is there a possibility to have the size of my textfield made variable so that it change according the size of the text in the textfile?

Hopefully someone can help me?

Thnx guys!

And you don't want to add scrolling, is that it? Regards,

oldman3.gif

Yep, that's right.
It's not possible to scroll because the flash file (with the text field) should be played on a monitor without a keyboard or a mouse.

So do you know if it's possible to make the textfield variable so that all the text will be displayed without knowing how many text there is?
(the textfield and the text can be larger than the screen, that's ok)

THNX!

I have just started playing with MX so someone please correct me if this is wrong but now we have autoSize as a method of text fields.

Which means text fields are being treated as objects and have instance names in addition to variable names.

So if your text field instance name is textField2 hit it with a

textField2.autosize = "center";

after importing.

Check out the specifics:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back