Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenSimmons

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I am trying to create a variable based on an if in.

If(number in ("1","2"),"0","1") but this is appartly not the correct sytax. Is there an easy way to do this?

Because it is a number, you shouldn't really have ""
If(<variable> inlist (1,2)) then &quot;0&quot; else &quot;1&quot;

BO has different syntax for IF statements than MS prducts

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Will it work with a object?

If(<Object> inlist (1,2)) then &quot;0&quot; else &quot;1&quot;

No reason why not - the exact syntax will depend on whether your object is defined as a string or a number.
For a string:
If(<Object> inlist (&quot;1&quot;,&quot;2&quot;)) then &quot;0&quot; else &quot;1&quot;

For a number:
If(<Object> inlist (1,2)) then &quot;0&quot; else &quot;1&quot;

(as you had it)

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]

The problem is that is is in the WEBI environment, not the full client. Is there a way to do it in the WEBI environment?

gonna have to pass the buck here I'm afraid - no experience of WEBI

Rgds, Geoff

I have to assume you are trying to do this in WebI 6.x. Since you can't build formulae in 2.7, it's a pretty safe assumption.

Unfortunately, there is not &quot;In&quot; operator in WebI. When you see &quot;In&quot; in the formula wizard, it is used for extended syntax like &quot;In Body&quot; or &quot;In Report&quot;.

Also, I'm sure you've noticed by now that referencing a variable or object in a WebI formula looks like [object] not <object>. Also, I'm sure you've noticed that the parameter separator is a semicolon, not a comma.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back