Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable in Get URL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willbo

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
im trying to place something like this:
(random (100))+1 add ".jpg"
So i can load a random .jpg file into a blank window from a group of a hundred .jpg's when a button is pressed... but i CANT seem to get the symantecs right cause it just dont take!
HELP!

REPEAT OF PREVIOUS POST!!

if your not bothered about formatting, ie: just having a jpg load into a new window, top-left justified, you could just use the following:

image = random(100)+1;
getURL (" "_blank");

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Ok well im real sorry for being some kind of idiot newbie, but i copied and pasted your code and tryed some different variations on it trying to even get a NUMBER instead of the +image in the URL, but to no avail. i get a 404 everytime.

The requested URL /(" "_blank"); was not found on this server.

since im an idiot i dont know if a semicolor or quote is off, or if i need to var image first on the button press... god sorry. Ill try to figure it out

well i got the button working just by doing
(random (3))+1 add ".jpg"
with the .jpg's in the root. this will work. who knows where i went wrong in the other statement.

willbo

If you were typing in the semi-colon after the URL, then that was my mistake for not 'TGML coding' my actions. Apologies.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back