Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable form of POA on a 3904? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecAdmin

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
US
I have a user who,as of two weeks ago, is now using a 3904 as well as the other four in his group. They were using 2616s before on the same Option 11C. The user called this AM saying he would like for the others in his group to be able to listen in on his lines when needed and he on theirs. I offered POA but he said he didn't want it allowable all the time and that with the "old phone" his lines were accessible to the others only as necessary - perhaps pressing a button, I believe he said. I have never worked with a 2616.
I'm reading in the manuals about the Privacy Release key -how it is defaulted on key 24 of the 3903/3904- and I'm trying to understand its functionality. My question is if this is something that is usable as an on/off switch for privacy or is there some other variable means of allowing them to bridge into his lines and him into thiers without using POA.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Feature description
In multiple appearance single call arrangements of Meridian 1 proprietary
telephones, Privacy Release allows one other appearance of the Directory
Number (DN) to enter the call. Privacy is then reestablished until Privacy
Release is activated again.

Feature operation
To allow someone with another appearance of the Directory Number (DN)
to enter a call:
Step Action
1 Press Priv Rls. All appearances of that DN flash. One other party
can enter the call by pressing the flashing DN key that has the call.
2 You must press Priv Rls again to allow another appearance of the
DN to enter the call.

faster way would be adding an analog to the mix and using scr keys.. then they have a pure party line.. any user with that key can monitor or join the conversation

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back