Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable, dynamic text box, external movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf21

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
I've got a Flash movie file with variables declared, dynamic text boxes attached to this variable, and values set throughout this movie that change the content of this text box. It works fine.

Except when I load this movie from another Flash file. Then nothing shows up in the dynamic text box. It remains blank.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you.

which flash are you using, you might need to embed the characters

A computer always does what you tell it to, but rarely does what you want it to.....

Most likely it's a reference problem. How are you loading the offending movie into the other Flash file?

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

The movie loads fine. It even loads images from an external location. The only thing that doesn't show up is the text in the dynamic text box. Everything else works fine.

Have you embedded the characters in the dynamic text box?
When a dynamic text box is static or not being loaded externally you don't need to embed, else it will not show anything.

A computer always does what you tell it to, but rarely does what you want it to.....

If you are using a reference in the movie like _root.variableName = "whatever" then you will have problems when loading into another movie. So once again I ask how you are loading the movie into the other flash project (it matters so you can be sure that you are referencing the variables correctly).

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back