Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vantage Point EDI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead714

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US
Is anybody using this? If so what has your experiance been with it and the support for it?

Thanks,
Bill

I am admittedly no EDI expert, but why would you want 3rd party EDI when Exact already has an EDI solution and has developed templates for hundreds of trading partners?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

I was under the impression that Datamasons and Vantage Point were the EDI solution for Exact. Is that not the case?

Datamasons is the EDI service, it used to be Sterling Commerce.

I have never heard of Vantage Point. I search of "vantage point" and "vantagepoint" returns no documents on the Exact partner portal. So if Vantage Point is the solution, they keep it well hidden.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

" - unknown

You might also want to contact Nick Avila at Infospring in Southern California. He is the best Macola/EDI resource I know of.

" - unknown

The DataMason (DM) EDI is called Vantage Point outside the Exact arena.
I have several customers using the DataMason/Exact product and it does work well. The product is purchase through Exact and Support by Exact. Since the DM solution is still somewhat new there are some growing pains associated. We have encountered some functionality that was in the Old Macola EDI Solution that was not present in the New EDI product, but I think most of the major issues are worked out. The implementation is a whole lot easier than the old EDI product. Your BP should be able to help you with a demo or walkthrough and explaination of the pieces required for you Trading Partner requirements.

I would agree with maccrystal. I have clients running on Vantage Point \ Exact EDI. There have been a few curve balls, but the cleints feel that it is easier to use, and they are processing more with less effort. The ASN module, if you don't have WMS is worth a look at if you are required to do ASN's. I also like the fact that the data is all in SQL tables.

Thanks for all the input, I signed the PO this morning for the EDI module, ASN module, and Bar Code distribution. These modules plus a new shipping package implimentation are going to make for a busy end of year...

How did your implementation of Exact EDI/Vantage Point work out? Were there any major roadblocks in the conversion? Have you had problems with templates or docs being out of wack?

Any and All info always appreciated. Thanks.

Jonathan Nelson

Jonathan,
All in all the whole thing went pretty well, the biggest problem came after we went into production and was caused by bad testing on the VAN's part. But aside from that I think things turned out pretty much as excpected.

I was a little surprised at the lack of functionality in regards to adding items and customer cross referances. We add close to 40 new items a month and having to do this manually in EDI is a drag.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back