Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates "XVI" 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US

We have a wide array of plate options here in Indiana. Sometimes that helps in deciphering the meaning of a vanity plate. I saw ICUNRS on a Nurses plate earlier this week.

I saw this strange collection of letter and numbers on the way to work this morning...

[tt]M1911 45[/tt]

[bigsmile]

That was the standard US military sidearm for about 75 years, designed in 1911 by Browning, .45 cal.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

That was the standard US military sidearm for about 75 years, designed in 1911 by Browning, .45 cal.
It was the standard from WW1 to the Vietnam war police action. It's still very popular among civilians and is used by some special forces units and police units..

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

2ffat, I see you know your history, or like me you were alive doing the police action. I always think about that when I hear someone say Vietnam war.

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

<off-topic>Yep! I getting a "little long in the tooth." I remember it well. Lost several friends from the neighborhood.</off-topic>

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Yes, I'm well aware of what a 1911 is. I was trying to be a little tongue-in-cheek.

I have...
[ul]
[li]Colt Combat Special in stainless[/li]
[li]Ed Brown Kobra Carry, stainless, polished sides, and pre-ban Ivory Grips[/li]
[li]Kimber Warrior[/li]
[/ul]

I love 1911's. Made me a little jealous seeing it on someone's license plate. [bigsmile]

SamBones,

Did you see what kind of car it was on? Could it have been a Dodge Caliber????

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Heh, no, that would have been funny though. It was a Jeep, which seems a bit predictable. [bigsmile]

Should have been a Dodge Colt.

(And as far as I know 1911 was replaced by the Beretta M9, phased out between 1985 and 1990, so 75 year-ish.)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Saw this one over the weekend...
ANTQLMO
It was a 53 Rolls Royce, with the steering wheel on the other side of the car.

Brings back memories as my grandfather would say anti-q instead of antique.

djj

Spotted on i95 in South Florida today:

COKE 3

The car was driving very aggressively so I did wonder if the driver may have had a bit too much caffinated sugary drink.

Or something

I'm the reason why Paradise Lost

Took me a second but saw today on my walk:

HJPOTTER

djj

SOYLENT (on a green car, of course).

-- Francis
Francisus ego, sed non sum papa.

CAT MOM E

djj

I suspect that "CAT LADY" was taken. ;-)

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

This was on a very nice, new, white Mercedes Benz ... [tt]247BOYZ[/tt]

What would come to mind first for me: was that license plate given to the driver by his wife? or Ex-wife?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back