Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates "XVI" 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US

2ffat said:
My wife and I saw this one yesterday on a pickup: LWN PLR.
We were trying to figure it out. There is a business nearby that grows grass and then cuts the sod in big rolls for landscapers

Lawn Plower

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro said:
Lawn Plower
You might be on to something . . .

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Or if he realy is a grass dealer: Lawn Piler

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Saw this Ohio plate today in North Carolina: SQL MVP.

I wonder if they're a member here. [smile]

[Green]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [small]Hate[/small] [♥] [small]Ambiguity.[/small][/green]

Saw this one on a black truck:
RUTROE

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

On a Dodge Neon with an Indianapolis Colts plate frame:

COLTSXLI

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

LOT2US on a Lotus Elise but compared to the other cars in the rush hour traffic this is almost as small as a Smart car and I would be scared to get squished by some SUV

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I saw STHN GRL on a SUV being towed by a large RV with WHL EST8

Regarding Lotii (Lotuses?), I've always loved them. I saw a used one on a car lot once and stopped to check it out. After getting the key from the sales guy, I tried to get into it. Now keep in mind that I'm an American, born and raised, and we don't do "small" here. I'm not fat by any means, just "substantially American".

I first tried getting into it like a normal car, one leg first, then swing the butt in to sit, then bring the trailing leg in. The door opening is very small, and there's a large "shelf" between the driver's seat and the outer door edge. It's almost like a small tunnel. After struggling for several minutes, and laughing the whole time, I gave up. The normal way didn't work. I had to crawl head first on my hands and knees to get out. My wife said it looked like the car was giving birth to me.

After a few minutes looking at the problem, I came up with a solution. Go through the door opening head first and crawl past the drivers seat. Then, back up putting my feet down the foot well to the pedals, drop butt into seat. It worked! It was SNUG. I felt like I was in a form fitting Formula 1 cockpit. I Loved it! I wanted to go fast in it.

Reversing my entry didn't seem to work for getting out. I appeared to be lacking the necessary agility. My egress also involved me being born again, crawling head first on my hands and knees and laughing hysterically.

Alas, it was not to be. Family commitments took priority over an expensive, self indulgent toy.

I still get a chuckle when I see one go by.

What the heck, I'll chime in.

On my truck:
[bold]DNGRDAV[/bold]

On my wife's car:
[bold]RKR4EVR[/bold]

On a decommissioned hearse I saw one day:
[bold]FINLRYD[/bold]

On a white Volkswagen Rabbit I saw once:
[bold]ML8ML8[/bold]

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

saw a car with DASMYVW guess what it was :) VW Passat. I almost started hitting my head against the steering wheel because the mixture between German and English is not my thing.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Seen on a C230 with Ontario plates:

XRAYEYEZ

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

I just saw...

[tt]RU GOLFN[/tt]

Was curious to see if it was Ru Paul driving! [bigsmile]

I wonder if this was done to avoid getting pulled over...

[tt][heart]MYLEOS[/tt]

Perhaps he's lost?

Seen in NORTH CAROLINA

Tag is from VIRGINIA
Tag reads: IOWA

Randy

Just saw this and wonder what the story is behind it...

[tt]WE[heart]KELP[/tt]

Seaweed enthusiasts [shocked] They must throw some awesome BBQ parties...MacTang

I think car owner should go SEAKELP [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

On an Ohio plate:
NEW YAUK

Must be from New England. [bigsmile]

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back