Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates "XVI" 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

djj55

Programmer
Feb 6, 2006
US

WOW! I'm so out of the loop. The first thing that popped into my head was Women of Wrestling.

Sorry, World of Warcraft. I don't play it, myself, but the interns talk about the game all the time.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I don't mean to perpetuate the tangent, but my boys were really into World of Warcraft a couple years ago. I'm not a big gamer, but they talked me into creating a character and playing. Oh my, how addicting! The rewards system of slowly gaining skills, weapons, armor, strength, and experience (and looking cooler and more bad @ss) keeps you wanting to play more. Getting to the point where you're able to go into new lands and explore new areas without getting killed whenever you step off the path is really addicting.

When you're sitting there at 4am on a school work night, "just playing a few more minutes" because you're about to level up, and your wife is standing in the hallway, arms crossed, foot tapping, with "that look" (you married guys know the one), then you know it's gone a little too far. [bigsmile]

Took me a while to get this one in the parking lot at work because I was thinking two people.

RAY N NAY

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

As these threads accumulate, remember that the NFL has decided that the 50th Super Bowl will be Super Bowl 50, not Super Bowl L. The 40th was labeled XL, so I guess it's hard to downsize to an L 10 years after having an XL event. There could be other humorous moments, "I'd like a Super Bowl t-shirt, please". "Super Bowl L?" "No, XL". "Sorry, we're sold out of Super Bowl XL." :)

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

A BUSY RN

djj

YY2WRRY

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

LIVNH2O

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

That seems fishy to me.

djj

I just saw...

[tt]VINO NUT[/tt]

With a license plate frame that said "Got Wine?"

My wife and I saw this one yesterday on a pickup: LWN PLR.
We were trying to figure it out. There is a business nearby that grows grass and then cuts the sod in big rolls for landscapers. My wife thought "Lawn Puller."

I was wondering about "Lawn Player." Maybe they liked lawn darts or were lawn bowlers.

Any other interpretations?

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

How about "Llewelyn Palaver"? Obviously, this guy is really into the recap of the People's Court. ;-)

Seen on a black Cadillac Escalade...

[tt]IGOTLKY[/tt]

Sounds like there's a good story there waiting to be told. [bigsmile]

Yesterday I pulled up to a red light behind a Toyota Yaris. The back end was smashed to the point of being caved in. The rear window was gone with a piece of plastic duct taped over it. The plate read WREK DVR.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

On a luxury RV:
BEVS BUS

on the SUV separately following behind the RV:
BEVYS

djj

This guy owns and runs a vintage hi-fi shop just down the road from me

10492116_674784709277459_2527424496520535319_n.jpg

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Randy said:
On a Ford Explorer:
MY5BOYZ

When we had 6 children at home (ages 6 through 12) our license plate on our 15-passenger Dodge Maxi-van was:

Our Maxivan license said:

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back