Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanishing Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth1978

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
GB
I'm using IE6 with Win 2k. My favourites have vanished. They are still there in Documents and settings in my profile but not when I click on Favourites in IE. I'm not sure if the issue is with IE or 2k..

Any advice much apreciated.

**One day, I will find a question that no one else has answered........and will also know the answer to it ! **

Open IE and open you favorites folder then higlight and drag them into your IE favorites.

Check the registry for the location pointed to at these two locations:

You can change the value of Favorites in the Registry in these two keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellFolders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserShell Folders

I just had mine vanish, I was online during a server reboot. My favorites are (were) on the Network, so I assumed it reset to C:\Documents and Settings\USername. I can't access my Registry, so I did the drag&drop from my H: drive. That worked, but it didn't actually copy them to the C drive. Huh? So I thought maybe it reset the pointer to my H:\Favorites folder. To test that wild theory I added a new favorite - it's not on the H: or the C drive, but its there somewhere! Where else could it be ?

Never Mind. I found it in the WINNT folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back