Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

values that can be seen on computer but not when printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhetfield

Vendor
Apr 11, 2003
US
I'm creating a form, I'd like to be able to add a couple of notes that can be seen when filling in the form, but can't be seen when the form is printed.

Thanks, Jason

Jason,

Please post your CLARIFICATION in this thread.

So this is an Excel Workbook.

Are you using a UserForm Control Object or when you say, "FORM" do you mean that your worksheet is being used as a form?

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq222-2244

Skip,

Yes this is an Excel workbook, and by form, I mean that I am using this spreadsheet as an inter-company form, it's not a UserForm Control Object.

Thanks Again, Jason

Tell me about this worksheet.

What are you entering that is not printing?

What cell?

How is the cell formatted?

What is the PrintArea? (Click on the Name Box and select PrintArea and describe what is selected)

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq222-2244

No, you misunderstood my first entry, I'd LIKE to be able to enter a note on the worksheet that can be seen on the PC but not on the printed copy.

Jason

Take a look at Insert/Comment

Skip,

INSERT/COMMENT worked great, after I inserted the comment, I right clicked on the cell and selected SHOW COMMENT, which only shows on the PC but not on printed copy. PERFECT!!

Thanks, Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back