Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validation Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHTHOMAS

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
AE
Visit site
How can i specify that the first 2 characters of a Date field in dd/mm/yyyy should be 01? Am not sure how to do it either using Validation rule or by input Mask? Please help.

Regards,

Charley

Use this: Day([field name])=1
This assumes your field is defined as a Date/Time.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Hi guys,

I'm for the first time in this forum.
I have a big problem. Well, I have a database with the aprox.16000 records. The problem is that people who used to entry datas in this database, have done it wrongly. Instead of entrying dates in this order mm/dd/yyyy they have done it dd/mm/yyyy, even if the computer settings were mm/dd/yyyy. Now you can imagine what a mass is it now. I have the dates like this : 02-Apr-2016 etc. Do you know how could I fix this problem.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Hysen

Am not completely sure about this. Usually in the table for the date field i give something like below which prevents the user from entering invalid dates.

Format dd/mm/yyyy
Input Mask 99/99/0000;0;

Make a copy of the database and try changing the date field to the above mentioned format and check whether it works out.

Regards,

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back