Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validation, help me troubleshoot why it's broke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmun

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am diving in feet first for the first time in ASP.NET, and am having trouble with some validation.

I am simply using the required field validation, but for some reason my server doesn't seem to run it.

I'm currently working on a CMS in .NET and have it succesfully working on a hosted testing site, however, when I implement the identical site on my in-house server, the validation doesn't work.

My test was on a simple login page.

two fields, both required.

On the testing server, if I leave both fields blank, and hit submit, the page tells the user that those fields are requred.

On my server in-house, it does validate the page, but also runs all the script to process the login (thus passing a blank user and password to the business logic)

What's going on? Is there something to setting up .NET framework that I should know of?

All I did was install it via Windows Update, onto my web server.

Earnie Eng

After doing a search on this site with no results, I went out to google and found this:

It turns out that I didn't have the aspnet_client folder in the root of the website. Since I'm running multiple sites on this one server, the aspnet_client folder was sitting on the main but in the process of creating these sub-webs, the aspnet_client wasn't replicated to their root drives.

Validation was working on one site but not the other...

This wasn't a very obvious solution, or perhaps I don't know the full capabilities of ASP.NET and how to configure it yet.

I welcome any comments to help me understand the structure better.

Thanks

Earnie Eng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back