Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom Page Tone not sounding over horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
I installed a Valcom V-2001A control unit and a few V1030 wall mounted horns.

Everything works just fine expect there is no Attention TONE coming from the speakers just the Nortel sets.

I can page ok but I thought that the usual Nortel page tone would also sound over the horns. You just hear the Nortel page tone over the sets.

The Valcom has a TONE option but that is not working either.

TONE is Y on the Nortel MICS for paging.

Any suggestions?

The age of the V-2001A is our problem. I don't believe the pre-page tone option became available until 2007. Unfortunately, upgrading/modifying the unit to achieve this is not possible. A new V-2001A is needed.

DesertInn.

Why don't you try this temporarily. The Feature 630 and Feature 62 allows you to press the dial pad for DTMF digits to announce over the over the PA system. If a page tone is essential, why don't you designate a number on the dialpad to be entered after the page button is pressed, such as 9 or 3....and just train employees to press the certain number each time after they press the page button to make a page. That way, the DTMF tone of the page button will be announced over the loudspeaker before the person pages.

Let me know if that works.

Joe

Will this model work:

Valcom V-2001A-Page Control - 1 Zone 1 Way Enhanced

So is this newer version called "Enhanced"? IS that word printed on the enclosure?

No it is not. Just look for a date code on the unit. It should include a month and year.

I found aV2003 that was in storage. It had been repaired by Valcom and never put back in service. It is in the origional Valcom box the date code is 1992.

Do you know if this unit will prvide a Prealert Tone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back