Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom Page Tone not sounding over horns

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
I installed a Valcom V-2001A control unit and a few V1030 wall mounted horns.

Everything works just fine expect there is no Attention TONE coming from the speakers just the Nortel sets.

I can page ok but I thought that the usual Nortel page tone would also sound over the horns. You just hear the Nortel page tone over the sets.

The Valcom has a TONE option but that is not working either.

TONE is Y on the Nortel MICS for paging.

Any suggestions?

the val com does off for a page tones world war beltone however this is n
ot working when I activate the horns

Sorry I tried to dictate that from my Android with speech to text and it came out wrong.

I meant to say that the Valcom Control unit offers a WARBLE or PAG TONE feature but this is not sounding over the horns.

Do you know why?

41 AND 16 OF THE TELEPHONE AND AUX CABLE NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE BLACK/YELLOW OF THE LINE CORD, 41 AND 16 ARE A MAKE SET OF CONTACTS

FROM THE MANUAL
To enable the pre-page alert tone feature, place a
jumper on the yellow and black leads (outer pair
of RJ-11) of J3.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

It is still not working.

I went from the MICS 25 pair AMP cable BLACK/SLATE to an RJ11c biscuit to the T/R (GREEN/RED) on the biscuit, then I shorted out the BLACK/YELLOW on the RJ11c. The same thing happened, I was able to page but no tones, I checked the switch option settings but still nothing. Did I SHORT or BRIDGE properly?

Thanks

UPDATE:

I was able to get the VALCOM WARBLE tone when I connected the Nortel Page Relay YELLOW/BLUE to the Valcom but the Warble Tone sounds every 3 to 5 seconds and will not stop until the Nortel Page timeout stops ( set for 15 seconds )

Keep the yellow/black shorted on the biscuit jack connected to J3. Connect the audio to the top screw terminals (Page R, Page T). Connect the contact closure to PPCC & Gnd located at the bottom of the screw terminals.

When you say "contact Closure" are you referring to the PAGE RELAY YELLOW/BLUE on a MICS 7.0? The wiring guide does not list a CONTACT CLOSURE pair unless I have missed it.

Thanks

If a pre-page alert tone is not needed on the V-2001A, a contact closure is not required when using a page port. But, when a pre-page alert tone is needed, a contact closure needs to be associated with the page port.

The installation manual is not very clear in regards to this application.

Your closure on the yellow/blue will connect to PPCC & GND on the V-2001A. Your audio on the black/slate will connect to Page R & Page T. Leave the yellow/black shorted on the biscuit, which should be connected to the J3 RJ11 jack.

This did not work. The TONE no longer sounds. Do you have a picture of this installation.

I will test this scenario in the morning and post my results.

Try applying a momentary short across PPCC & GND.

I checked my settings again. Can you send me a pic of your installation so I can confirm mine?

Please see the URL below. I have marked up a page from the manual showing all connections.

If your pre-page tone is still not working, there are a few things to verify:

1) What is the date code on the V-2001A? An older unit will not have the pre-page tone ability.

2) Monitor audio from the page port using your buttset.

3) Check for a contact closure with a volt/ohm meter.

http://www.mediafire.com/?euuuh54yx5epcn6
Thanks for the drawing. I am going to check my wiring now and let you know.

No did not work. When I connect the YELLOW/BLUE to the UNA/WARRABLE it works but the warrable keeps ringing about every 3 seconds and does not stop until the Nortle Page times out.

does not stop until the Nortel Page times out"

...the relay associated with the page port should close when the page port is activated and open when your page is complete (phone is back on-hook). I would suggest using a volt/ohm meter to verify the contact closure is normally open.

What is the date code on the V-2001A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back