Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom or Bogen

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertinn

Vendor
Nov 28, 2010
US
What do you guys recommend to be used with a MICS for amplified paging in a warehouse both inside the building and outside in the loading dock area and administration offices:

VALCOM or BOGEN?

You could use both but I like Bogen best personally.
Did Valcom first couple a years way back then started with Bogen and stick with it.

Bogen sends 70 volts plus the voice down same pair where Valcom uses 2 pairs so keep that in mind when wiring/cabling.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

what bogan unit would you recommend for single zone paging with pre alert tone. and can you use existing val com horns?

I prefer Bogen. I would say your best bet is a Bogen TPU250. That is pretty much all we use anymore. I am also sure that the valcom horns will work. They generally aren't proprietary. Also if you plan on trunk port paging you will need a Bogen TAMB2 to provide the voltage that will initiate the page and will also generate the pre-alert tone.

Check these 2 links for manuals on these products.

Kbryii
Alcatel-Lucent Certified Field Expert

24 volt Valcom horns won't work on a 70 volt Bogen system and vice versa.

I would like to add to this post because I have a site just like the one described. Plant began as a 1500 x200 foot site with lots of noise. When I first went to site there were approx. 20 15 Wat horns
and and office overhead in hall ways. Every thing was cabled in conduit and using a 150 watt Bogen amp. Worked great and it was a 70 volt system.

I have had 3 major expansions and have been installing Valcom 5 watt horns. I like this application because the Valcom speakers/horns are
self amplified with local power supplies which mean you only need an audio pair cabled to that supply location.
Customer absoloutely loves it . I finally talked them into trunk level paging and a Valcom 2006 six zone page adapter.Now they can page only shipping and not wake everyone else up.

Since it is low voltage you can use Cat 3 cable and not concern yourself with building permits and inspections.

Try it, 7you will like it.

Have a great day, RBT

Thanks for your feedback ringbacktone, I wanted to add a prealert tone. It seems that the two V2001A units that I have in stock do not provide that.

Does your site provide pre alert and does this really matter anyway?

I believe you can use a contact closure on Norstar to add tone if you are using the page port but do not have any pratical expierence with it.At my site I use a Valcom unit that receives page, waits 1.5 sec. and then delivers page. User can cancel by press of #key or *
if they get in middle of page and goof up.Alert tone is provided by this V9964 feedback eliminator. Very nice but a little pricy.
Also, my site is trunk level page with an access code so you will probably need assistance from Valcom to configure.
They are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back