Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valcom Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby105

Vendor
Sep 21, 2010
US
Our goal is to have a horn ring when two or more phones are ringing.

We purchase a Valcom v-9925a horn with a VP -624b power supply. According to Valcom, this unit needs a 90V ringing voltage.

How can I connect this unit to a BCM50?

First what do you mean by two or more phones are ringing?

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Hook it up to an analog port or get a ring generator activated by the ring relay.

My customer works in a garage, so when the cars are running the mechanist cannot hear the phones ringing.

Like Ironhorse said your going to need to supply the Ring Generator, you can use the relay contacts from the BCM50 to interrupt the ring to the horn

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I think I saw someware that you can hook it to the headphone jack of a phone. Still could need a ring gen.

Cook1082 That works if you have an amplified horn 4 conductors 2 for power 2 for voice, I hook them up to the speaker leads in the phone that way phone will ring and can be voice call with auto answer and hear the page.

Everyone,
Can I connect an ATA to one of the digital station ports then connect the other end to the horn? After that is done, I can add that ext. to the hunt group.
Any thoughts if this will work?

Yes it should work. If it rings a single line phone it's all good.

Connecting the V-9925A to an ATA should work just fine. The Red & Brown leads from the V-9925A will connect to the ATA. Black lead to positive and White lead to negative on the VP-624B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back