Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAL Manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DICS

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
UA
I try to connect to the Voice System, but appears error:
Connection to Voice_System timed out.

During this connection computer is handup!!

The voice system properties are correct, because I can connect with this properties to the Definity using Site Administration. Also I can establish an FTP-connection to the VAL using FTP-client.

Waiting for any suggestions

VAL Manager first tries to log into the switch with the C-LAN address/port information the same as you use for ASA. It also uses the same login & password as ASA.

Kevin

Yes, I enter the C-LAN address and login for ASA.
I can connect with this settings to the switch using ASA!

Couple of things to check:-
Have you created the VAL appearance in IP-Interfaces and assigned a valid IP address (presume so if yuo can FTP to it) and it is labelled as VAL?
Have you created a data extension for it? (add data-module next)
Have you enabled the filesystem with a username and password? (enable filesystem board 01a01 user password)

Should be fairly straight forward if you check the above

Answer

list ip-interface

IP INTERFACES
Net
ON Type Slot Code Sfx Node Name Subnet Mask Gateway Address Rgn VLAN
-- ---- ---- ---- --- --------------- --------------- --------------- --- ----
y C-LAN 01A05 TN799 D C-lan 255.255.255.0 172.16.0.1 1 n
y MEDPRO 01A09 TN2302 medpro 255.255.255.0 172.16.0.1 1 n
y VAL 01B03 TN2501 val#1 255.255.255.0 172.16.0.1 1 n

list data-module

DATA MODULES

Ext. Port Type Name COS COR TN ISN

1900 01B0333 ethernet 1 1 1
1998 01A0517 ethernet 1 1 1

And I enabled filesystem

Under the edit voice system properties, what is your port set to. It should be 5023.

Also, what version of the software are you using?

I have changed port, and nothing changed. But I don`t see any reason, why it should be 5023.

VAL Manager version 2.1.7. I tried to work with 2.0 too.

display ip-services Page 1 of 3

IP SERVICES
Service Enabled Local Local Remote Remote
Type Node Port Node Port
SAT y C-lan 5023 any 0
CDR1 C-lan 0 pc 9000

first question.... what type of 'Definity' system do you have? you didn't say if it was a true Definity or one of the newer S8X00 products.

This may or may not help you.

I had a similar problem where the VAL would FTP to the intended destination but then disconnect as soon as it did. We placed a sniffer on the LAN and discovered that the VAL will send out a request off a port number to connect, but when the request returns to the VAL the port number had changed by one digit. As a result, our firewall would force disconnect the FTP connection for security reasons. We had to tweak our firewall to allow the specific IP and port range to connect to make it work.

S8700 & S8710 v12/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VOIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

I have Definity. Software R012i.01.1.414.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back