Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Val Manager not connecting to S8300/G700 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaps2609

Programmer
Sep 22, 2005
GB
Has anyone been successful in using the Val Manager to connect to the virtual announcement board 001v9 on a S8300/G700. I have tried using ssh and just the IP address of the procr using ports 23 and 5023 but the connection to the get the VAL board info just times out. CM 4.0.1 and Val Manager 4.0.11

Thanks for the reply. It sets ssh automatically to port 5022 but should I not be able just to connect via port 5023 of the procr IP address using the same login as what we use for ASA?

I have unchecked SSH and entered 5023 as the port. Try that.

The logs say it sucessfully copied the file. But I can't find it on my laptop.

I have connected to other announcement boards on other systems no problem using 5023. I have noticed that you get add an ip-service on cm4. Could it be something like this?

Ok I found the data. But it's now in a different place then my old Val Manager 3.0

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Application Data\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\user\SWITCH NAME\BOARD LOCATION

Anything in CAPS will be specific to you.

Is the 8300/G700 an LSP, I ask only b/c you mention connecting to other boards. If so, once it is adminstered in CM (i.e enable announcement-board) and you connect to the primary server it shoud populate.

The S8300/G700 is not an LSP. What I mean is that I connect using the VAM to other S8300/G700's. What I have noticed is that you should be able to ch ip-services but I am not sure what the service type should be but I could be barking up the wrong tree with this.

When you try to connect to the system and the error pops up, click the view button. Scroll to bottom of log, what is the reason for Failure.

The error shows the following:
Thu Dec 06 14:51:57 GMT 2007 Could not find external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_en_GB.properties' for language English.VAM will load the default file
Thu Dec 06 14:51:57 GMT 2007 Loaded default external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_default.properties'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Dec 06 14:51:58 GMT 2007 Voice Announcement Manager started.

Found out that you have to set up a new suser login with just a prof18. ie. Valmanager with a password. With only profile 18 set you dont have to insert a pin which is new in CM 4.0.
All testing and working OK.

I've tried to connect to S8300/G350 v 4.0 with VAM v4.0.11 and I didn't successeded!

I've created new suser but nothing happened.
What prof 18 means?

Thanks

profile 18.
When you create a new suser, the box below shows is used for additional groups. Insert prof18 in there. Set standard shell access and set the password and you should be able to connect. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back