Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VAL board problemms

Status
Not open for further replies.

foned00d

Programmer
Mar 24, 2005
US
I'm trying to upload an announcment to our VAL board using Voice Annnouncement Manager 2.1. I have done 7 with no problem but now I keep getting an error that says

**Task: Copy Announcement Files, Task ID: 2** Error getting 'list directory board 03A13 annc' : 1 00000000 9dfb Command aborted; please try later

**Task: Copy Announcement Files, Task ID: 2** Announcement property information for :03A13 has been updated.

**Task: Copy Announcement Files, Task ID: 2** Could not disable filesystem on board :03A13. 1 00000000 9d7a Unable to allocate the necessary system resources; please try later

**Task: Copy Announcement Files, Task ID: 2** Could not enable filesystem on board :03A13. 1 00000000 9d7a Unable to allocate the necessary system resources; please try later

This has been ongoing for 3 days now. I can't reseat the board or busy it out without impacting business. Any other ideas that are non-intrusive?

I tried enabling the filesystem thru ASA so I could manually FTP them and I get "unable to allocate the necessary system resources ; please try again later"

Since I am able to enable the filesystem on our other annnouncement board i am gonna call Avaya support. I'll post the response as an FYI.

Your problem my be related to "time" - did you check to see if you reach the "one hour limit" on the VAL board - you said you already uploaded 7 ann without any problem, so maybe it's full! if that's the case you should check to see if your sistem supports more than 1 VAL board and buy another....
just guessing here so....

if and when you get an answer from avaya please send it to me too - it might rezolve other issues we have had with the VAL Manager and FTP concerning VAL. thx in advance

if you havent ran out of time, try reseating the VAL board, yesterday I experienced a similar problem after upgrading firmware

The only advice Avaya Support cpould provide was to reseat the board. This board has les time recorded and is less used the the other board we have (both are same H/W and firmware) and yet I can enable the file system on that one without problem. Looks like my only option is to reseat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back