Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v92 modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEW2

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
GB
is there a list available of the v92 modem parameters ,as entered into the Windows98 "extra settings" box in the modem set=up area ???

www.modemhelp.org

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

hi cdogg, this link gets "cannot display" for me

It might have something to do with the new format this site uses. It should just be an HTML URL link and nothing more, but if you're still having problems, try cutting and pasting the URL.

If you still can't get to that site, perhaps it's being blocked for some reason by your IT department where you work. It shouldn't be, and probably just needs to be added to the accepted site list.

~cdogg
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

CDOGG C&P DIDN'T WORK.I.M AT HOME

That is very strange. I've tested the link above on 3 different PC's involving 2 different types of connections. On all 3 PC's, the link works fine.

Perhaps you have a firewall or popup blocker that is causing a conflict. Also make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. If you continue to have problems accessing that site, post back with the following:

1) Version of IE
2) Name/Version of any Firewall software
3) Type of connection (dial-up, DSL, Cable) and provider's name

~cdogg
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

Must be a setting in your setup. I am using ZoneAlarm (firewall) and pop-up blocking, everything works OK. CDOGG: site is normal heading, updated 02-20-2004.

LOCATED site via Google and loaded it without trouble

the site that i found via Google is .NET. not .ORG BUT SEEMS TO BE THE RIGHT SITE

BLEW2,
Unfortunately, it is not. They are two different sites. Trust me, you will want to check out the .ORG version if you can.

You never did answer the 3 questions in my last post. If you do, perhaps we can help you pinpoint the cause of your problem.

~cdogg
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

cdogg
still cannot get modemhelp.org via your link,i'll have a look at my set-up,cookies are set to exclude 3rd party cookies but otherwise accepted.
i am running:1)win98se up-to-date
2)internet explorer 6
3)zonealarm pro 4.5 (on trial)
4)dial-up connection via NTL (in UK 44k)
5)have run Norton av,Adaware,Spybot clean
6)Windows sys file checker doesn't find any corrupt files.
regards Barry

Are your JAVA settings set to "High Security" or "Disable JAVA?"

I got a somewhat similar response with JAVA DISABLED. So I restored it to medium security.

Check:
TOOLS > Internet Opts >
Security (tab) > Internet (highlighted) >
Custom Level (button) > Java Permissions (section)

Let us know.
--MiggyD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back