Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V90, K56 FAX MODEM DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie1eddie1

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
US
Could you please let me know as to where I could go to down load Motorola modem for HP Pavilion 8595C Windows 2000 driver for V90, K56 FAX, VOICE, SPEAKERPHONE MODEM?

THANKS

can you please help me with where i can get the driver download for this modem (motorola 62412-51 LRT27310a 0.6 0033) thank you very much

@ first go my pc didnot recognise the modem and then it recognised it and wanted to install the software, during this process it stops and says it cannot find sm56set.exe (using win2k drivers)even though it is there in the hard disk. will it work if i uninstall the hardware and the software or is it the registry file problem? when i do the query it says modem not connected. i feel like[hammer]or should i [cannon] mysef. is it because of [curse]. sometime i [flame]and [flush]and at times i [flush2]. i tried [reading] several books. i feel like [cry]but now i am [yawn] i think i have to [sleeping]. plz friends either give me good [idea] or [machinegun]if you want to see me [lol]

So irresponsible of Motoouroula...actually Iam connecting to the internet using this unstable modem, and am just waiting for XP to crash and hang with the blue "Windows has encountered blah blah blah"...can't anyone get a solution for this? Microsoft maybe? or anyone for that matter? I feel cheated by motoroulah... they just left theor customers just like that! and how about Prolink? I think Prolink at least should have some responsibility on this case too, cause my modem bears YOUR TRADEMARK! Prolink help us "neglected by motoroulah modem" owners here...please!!!!

Hi Guys & gals,

I am absolutely in agreement with you all on the fate of SM56 Motorola Modems. I installed my modem thrice and everytime it works fine for a few days and then the driver file is automatically deleted or not present for use.

Thanks to you guys I have decided on dumping this modem forever. Any suggestions on a more reliable Modem???

Regards,
Mark

I don't know that what's kind of my modem. but it is seem that this is MOTOTROLA fax modem. i think this is Motorola 62412-51 U26284.2-0.6 9931.
Thank's a lot.Please, send me very fast.

hye my name is Vahid And iam from IRAN my modem not suported at the v90 What is the matter....?

I have problem also with Motorola SM56. I upgraded my OS from 98 to 2000 and suddenly my modem didn't work. I downloaded the SM56 but still not recognized. I would rather buy another modem with win2K compatible but NOT Motorola.

Motorola sounds like "Motor" without engine! To hell this driver, to hell with Motorola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back