Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V9 SMART LINKING TURN OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kettie

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
AU
I've just upgraded to V9 Crystal Reports. In V8.5, I was able to turn off the smart linking option in Options, but I can't find a similar function in Version 9. I know that I can clear all links from the links box, but I frequently add tables as I build a report and don't want to have to clear and then re-set all links every time I do it.

Does anyone know whether I can permanently stop smart linking in my reports?

Wow that is huge...smart linking was always a pain in the rear, but now that you cannot turn it off, that is a problem.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Well, how stupid is that!

Does anyone know whether it's true that they're not supporting V8 Crystal Reports and Crystal Enterprise now. We upgraded both because our administrator was told they don't support them any more. It seems a bit odd to me and the troubles we're now having with V9 don't seem to be worth it. How do big organisations cope with the upgrades? Seems incredulous that Crystal told us we had to wipe all our settings and folders in Enterprise in order to do the upgrade and, surprise, surprise, now some of our earlier reports no longer work in Enterprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back