Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v9 - Restore By Session wont display all the directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

toetag

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
US
When i expand the session, the Treeview doesn't show all the directories.

I have a folder for users with all of them having their documents stored under this folder. Each user folder is their login. The Treeview stops displaying about midway through the alphabet.

I've initialized the DB. I've remerged the tape (3 times now). I can go into the Database utilities and see that the session did log and backup more files than what i can see.

I remember on a Novell install we had to turn the Btrieve memory setting up higher, but i can't find anything similar in the windows version GUI.

Any ideas how i can get the Treeview to show the full directory listing?

btw, the subfolder that contains all the user folders has some 600,000 objects (folders, files) in it.

Have you given it time? I have one that takes a few minutes before all of the folders display.

Debi

It's been 2 days so far. :)

(and i do appreciate the help DebiJo, wasn't meant as a snide comment, even CA hasn't offered up any smidgen of help)

You may have reached the limit of the Manager. 600,000 in the same folder is a lot more than you would usually expect to see. You contact CA support?

It is more than likely to do with the amount of objects Arcserve can display - 10000 max I think. If you come out of Restore mode, then into database mode > Job Records > Session xx > (all from the Manager GUI) you will receive the following message if you backed up more than 10000 items "You can see only 10,000 files&directories per session".

Bit of a pain but hey Arcserve in general is a right fr*ggin pain!

I suggest locating a server with plenty disk space and bulk restore from tape then copy off the actual restored items you require!

That is what i was thinking as well LoYBoy. But i've not been able to find any technical documentation stating this on CA's website (which i might add, CA's "support" website is pretty much completely devoid of "support" content. I wasn't even able to access the KB on their site)

I'll just do a full restore using filters and see if i can just get the one directory i need restored.

Thank you all for responding. CA should probably pay Tek-Tips for doing their support job for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back