Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v9.01 Update - Unable to login now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denda

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
I just updated my BrightStor v9 to v9.01 & now I'm unable to log into the server with the username & pwd that has always worked before. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you get around it? Thanks

Hi, download and install SP4 for AS, this is whta I have done and fixed my issue with logging in

This is for Netware. I didn't see any other patches out there after the 9.01 upgrade. If sp4 is for Netware, please point me in the right direction.

I did get it working though... I had to bounce my server, the re-install 9.01 AGAIN, bounce the server once more & I could log in..

Now I have another issue... when i load gwtsa, I get the following message "ERROR LOADING TSA: Could not register with SMDR....." Everything worked FINE until this darn upgrade..

Hello,

I had a similar issue and it took a 5 minute $95 call to tech support to figure it out. Are you using a leading dot when specifying the login name? Apparantly you have to do this with the Arcserve client now. In other words, login as .admin.organization. This is really stupid, since the Novell client does not require it. It is not mentioned anywhere on the AS web site that I can find, but they still charge $95 to tell you.

Good Luck,

Mike

Yes, I was, since I was taking the 'example format' that the command load smdr new was showing. I gave up for the day, scheduled my normal backups, came in on Monday & whallah! everything was working correctly..... Very odd... I can restore now, my backups are working correctly, I can actually see all of my backed up files in the restore session module.... Boy, I guess the ArcServe fairy visited my place over the weekend & sprinkled a little fairy dust. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back