Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v9.0 how do you get the date of backup in sequential order ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blonde

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
Version 9.0 veritas.
how do you get the backup jobs to be in sequential order in the listing of the restore job listings?
blonde

When I go into the restore tab, then click on the server that I need the info on, I would like to have the dates that the job runs to be in date order, with the latest on on top, I have the job family set up with 96d96t96j, but the tapes seem to be in random order anyway ? I am thinking that in v9.0, internally the tapes must have some date stamp.? and it is using that ? any suggestions are appreciated, and I will try to play with the order. anyone else have this problem?
thanks
Blonde

I am using BE 8.6, so it may not be the same. Have you tried view by media instead of by volume? Mine comes up in date order (oldest at top).

If I view by volume (server) then expand they are in date order.

Judi

Thank you Judi, but this problem is with the v9.0 version. I did not have this with 8.6.
blonde

This is definetly a 9.0 issue. It was never like this in 8.6. Last tech I ask about his, had me created a new catalog folder and that did not work either. they really need toget this fixed. As much data as I back up, it is a major problem.

Blonde,

You have hit upon, what I think is one the most frustrating GUI annoyances in 9.0. What I have been told by Veritas, it will fixed in the next release… we will just have to wait and see.
To overcome this annoyance, try making your selections for restoration off of the right view pane. When the Restore selections are viewed in this pane, they should appear in sequential order for selection.

M

Marverick, IT Works !!!
you have helped me so much ! the tapes are atleast now viewed in order...even though it would be nice to start from the latest date of backup to the oldest in the list, atleast the dates are together...this will really help me out... thanks so much.
blonde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back