Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

v8-Customer Order Options-Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markajem

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
We are testing with our upgrade of v8 from v6. Anyway, Customer Order Options was available in the Extra's menu when entering a sales order. It's not there anymore and we can't find it. Anyone happen to know where it is now?

Thanks

No you can't. Our GP consultant had to go to v7 then v8.

What did Customer Order Options do when you chose it from the Extras memu in 6.0? I don't recall seeing that choice, but it's been a while since I worked with 6.0 on a regular basis...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but anything in the "extras" menu is customization or third party isn't it?

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Not necessarily. A number of GP screens will have View or Options choices under the Extras menu that are part of the core product. Sales Transaction Entry is one of those screens. Collections Main is another.

extras were actually enhancements from the original version. example, when you upgrade to 7.5 you'll see extras in sales transaction entry window because these weren't in 7.0 and was just added later.

Ah, so you're saying in 6.0 there were no Extras? I think you're right. We finally got our last client off 6.0 earlier this year, so I haven't looked at 6.0 screens in a long time.... :)

We upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 13 months ago.
From memory, in 7.0 we had 'Options' as a drop down menu, but in 8.0 we get to Options in the drop down menu called 'Extras'. (so its an extra step)
Options shown in our current setup are:
Add Item
Drop Ship Item
Allocate or Fulfill
Open Item Detail
Quick Print Setup
Quick Print

I imagine these would depend to some extent on your setup choices. In 7.0 I used to use Options/Fulfill, then Options/Quick Print but now use a macro to go right thru the whole transfer (order to invoice) process with one key stroke, so 'Options' is no longer used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back