Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V11 - Trying to Direct Access PRI for Outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

dostrow

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
US
We are working on Definity V11 where Tennant Partitioning is turned "OFF". We are trying to set an access code (TAC or DAC) to directly access the trunk group and dial out over a specific trunk group with 1 PRI in it.

We thought we could set this up but it isn't working.

Can someone please help if you have an answer or solution.

Thanks,

Don
dostrow@arcc.com

I dont believe you can use TAC access with a PRI that isn't either H.323 i.e. an IP Trunk or Call By Call.

If your trying to use a standard PRI with direct TAC dialing it will not work.

Dunstan;

Thanks for the response. We are trying to use a standard PRI. What we want to do is directly access the trunk group not specifically channels on the PRI.

The stuation is that there are a group of people who need to have their calls go out specifically on their PRI which we have set up in their own trunk group. There should be a way to make calls that come from a specific group go out over a specific trunk group. We thought we could se tit up so that we would give them a specific TAC or DAC, but that is what we can't get to work.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Don
dostrow@arcc.com

dostrow,

a) accessing isdn trunk group using tac should work with any trunk service type, afair;
b) if tac doesn't work, run list trace and see what's happening (cor restriction, whatever);
c) this is not right solution for your problem. the right solution is called "route partitioning". search this forum using "partition route table" keyword, it will give you lots of results.

Check the trunk group page 1 for dialaccess=y. If not Y dac will not work

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Isn't there some way to be able to dial out over a separate trunk group that contains a single separate PRI in it. Most of the users dial "9" o go out. We want to have another group of people only use a single separate trunk group.

Help!

Don

Thanks for the response. In this case 'Partitioning' is turned to 'N' in 'System Parameters - Customer OPtions'.

Any other thoughts?

Don

Where and how can I make the change to 'ARS Partitioning'?

Thanks.

Don

create a new route pattern with the trunk group that you want certain people to use.

create a new COR for these users, change the "time of day" to 2.

command = "change part 1", under 1 put the existing route pattern, under 2 put the new route pattern.

change all of your ars entries to p1 under route pattern.

What page of the system parameters - suct options for are you referring to? I know of no option called "Partitioning". Only "Tenent Partitioning" which is not the same as "ARS Partitioning". There is no customer option for ARS Partitioning, it is standard.

-CL

its a command, it not under customer options.

change part X, unless you have an older version, it would be change ars a 1XXX part X

I am going from memory, but I am sure that it was 'Tenant Partitioning'. I wasn't aware of how to do this with ARS Partitioning.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back