Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V1 to v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreb20

Technical User
Feb 26, 2019
PH
Hi all,

We have existing X8v1 suddenly being defective..we bought v3 mainboard is there a way to migrate into v3 mainboard and reuse same license without costing?

What step do we need?thank you this is very urgent..

Dreb

Migration with a restore of the backup is only possible from V2 R7 to V3.
A license migration from V1 to V2 and then to V3 should be possible.

Firstly: Are you sure the mainboard is defective? Maybe only the SD card needs to be replaced.

I guess you'll have to find a V1 mainboard and migrate the license to that SIEL-ID. Hopefully the move count is not 0.
I doubt if this is possible on a used mainboard, maybe you can get clearance from Unify via your distributor. Also check with them or with Unify directly if the move count for the license is 0.
Write a SD Card with the V1 version where you hopefully have a backup from.
Start the system with that SD card and restore the backup.
After that the whole migration process to V3 should be done in various steps:
Firstly you need to update the system to the last version of V1, V1 R3.4.1570.
With a migration license (free, if you still can get one) you can upgrade to V2 R7.1.1_040.
After that you need to set CLS Connect to get 4 weeks SSP (could be country depended differently, check your distributor).
Within those four weeks you can upgrade the hard- and software to V3.
If CLS Connect is not possible, you'll have to sell SSP licenses and I'm afraid also re-integration licenses.

Considering all of the above, maybe it's easier to just start from scratch with a new V3 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back