Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UX5000 Line Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshfitz

Vendor
Aug 3, 2009
US
Is there a way to turn off line ringing on the keys on a users ext on a ux5000 from a user level?

Any of the default passwords can not get us into the system other then the ext and 1111.

No features on the system CO lines ring live on buttons on the phone line 1, line 2, line 3, etc. no vm no aa no night day mode

Try one of these ring tones. One may be a better solution. I do not think it can be turned off by the user.

Selectable Ring Tones
If you work in an area where your extension is close to others, you may want to customize the way calls
ring your terminal. This will help you differentiate calls to your extension from calls to other extensions.
To change your extension’s incoming ring tones:
1. CALL1 + 8 2 0.
2. 1 to set Intercom ring or 2 to set outside line ring.
Transferred calls use the Intercom ring tone you select.
3. Dial code for the ring pattern you want (tones 1-8).
4. SPK to hang up.
To listen to incoming ring choices:
1. CALL1 + 8 1 1.
2. 1 to listen to Intercom ring or 2 to listen to outside line ring.
For outside line ring, enter the tone you want to listen.
3. Dial code for the ring pattern you want to hear (tones 1-8).
4. SPK to hang up.
Since this system is discontinued for a number of years now, I guess it's ok to release the default passwords. Try one of these..

UX5000 12345678
NEC-I 294687

On Webpro none of the passwords work Just on PCPro UX5000 gives me Invalid login mode 0 and ADMIN 9999 says invalid version but sometimes also says invalid username / password also

Apparently all of the passwords were changed. See if any work through the phone. If you can get in that way, you can change them back. Or, try a system reset. Short of factory defaulting and reprogramming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back