Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Utility Server 7.1 won't let me replace 96x1Huapgrade.txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US
I uploaded an old 96x1Hupgrade.txt file and now the Utility Server won't let me replace it.

I'm logging in with admin login and it says permission denied to anything that will replace, delete, modify the file.

In 7.x the root login has been removed, only sroot is there and it uses ASG.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

You can download the 96x1Hupgrade.txt file, modify it and re-upload via the Utility Server custom file upload.

jtc22

Found out that I used the wrong process for this.

Downloaded the latest .zip firmware file (no longer .tar for CM 7.x VUS)

Uploaded it and unpacked it, which had the 96x1Hupgrade.txt file and the unpack put it in the right place:

/opt/IPPhoneFirmware/96x1-IPT-H323-R6_6_6_04-121917/

Also found out that Avaya disables the HTTP ports on the VUS and you have to SSH into the server and execute the command:

Enable_HTTP_Ports.sh

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back